HomeWorks: Clean Stainless Steel Refrigerators
by, 01-30-2016 at 10:16 PM (109 Views)
Even through stainless steel shows dirt faster than other synthetically sided fridges the appliance is far easier to clean.
Although stainless steel has become all the rage for kitchen appliances, these products do show dirt and finger prints far easier than the older, colored models (this is because the smoothness of the metal reflects light better and holds onto fingerprints). If your refrigerator is beginning to look worn, clean the metal with a mild cleaning agent and soft cloth. Thankfully all of the items you need to clean the refrigerator you, more than likely already have in your home.
Prepare Your Cleaning Materials
- Fill up a bucket with warm water. Because stainless steel is smooth, you do not need a specialized cleaner. The water is enough to remove the dirt and grime from the smooth surface. The water doesnít need to be filtered and tap water is more than going to do the trick.
Clean Your Stainless Steel Refrigerator
- Dip a soft, clean cloth into the warm water, then squeeze out the excess so you don't make a huge mess and drip water everywhere. If the cloth is new make sure to toss it in the dryer for a few cycles before using it. If you donít you are going to leave lint trails stuck to the metal fridge.
- Wipe down the stainless steel refrigerator. The dirt has nothing to stick to so it wipes off without much effort. Move in circular motions when cleaning the refrigerator to make sure you reach all crevices on the kitchen appliance.
- Dry off the fridge with a soft, clean cloth. This ensures you do not leave any water spots on the stainless steel appliance. Water, especially that with a high mineral content, is going to leave water spots over the stainless steel surface if you allow it to dry completely
Add Soap for Tough Stains
- Apply a small amount of dish soap to the water if you find dirt remains on the appliance. This is most often due to oil or other grime mixing in with the dirt that is stuck to your stainless steel refrigerator. The small amount of soap mixed into the water is enough to remove the toughest gunk. Wash the steel just as you did with the previous washing steps, then dry off the fridge once finished.
Washing your stainless steel appliances, including your refrigerator, is extremely important. Although it does show dirt and other residue far quicker than refrigerators with synthetic siding it is far easier to clean, especially if you stay on top of it and clean the surface every few weeks.