Black and White Halloween Decorations - Dramatic Holiday Looks for Outside or Inside the Home
by, 10-15-2015 at 04:47 PM (343 Views)
Indoor and outdoor Halloween decorations look scary and stylish in a spooky black and white color palette.
When it comes to decorating for Halloween, orange trumps all other colors as the hue of choice. However, there is one color combination creeping up in popularity. It is black and white, and it is classic, spooky and chic all at the same time. This list of Halloween decorating ideas for outdoors or indoors shows creative ways to use black and white decorations. It is proof that you can take the orange out of Halloween with losing any of the holiday’s spooky spirit.
Black and White Halloween Decorations Indoors
Halloween decorating inside often includes a hodgepodge of figurines, candy dishes and jack-o-lanterns. With these tips for black and white décor to make or buy, a cohesive decorating style emerges that adds drama and mystery to any Halloween decorating scheme.
- Fill a fireplace mantel (or unused firebox) with candles. Choose a mix of black and white styles. Or, buy all one color and accent them with ribbon and other embellishments in the opposite color.
- Craft a spooky message for an entry table or buffet with paper mache letters (found at craft stores) covered in black glitter. Some good options are, “Boo,” “Trick or Treat,” or “Happy Halloween.”
- Replace a collection of frame photographs on a table or wall with black and white holiday paper to create an inexpensive and eerie focal point.
- Make an easy Halloween chandelier for the foyer or over a party table. Paint two embroidery hoops black and cut out cat or bat shapes from black felt. Attach the two hoops together and hang silhouettes from each one using thin black wire or fishing line.
- Use sticky-back felt to create haunted scenes on a white tablecloth. Find stencils online to use as a guide for this unique Halloween table topper.
Outdoor Halloween Decorations in Black and White
Jack-o-lanterns are a popular choice for Halloween outdoor decorating. These five tips incorporate the traditional pumpkins into a black and white color scheme along with other spooky options to dress up the yard for Halloween.
- Create a bold display by spray painting orange pumpkins white or black. Use stencils to create designs such as monograms, polka dots and, yes, even a fun jack-o-lantern face onto the pumpkins in a contrasting color.
- Cut silhouettes (cats, bats or witches hats) out of large pieces of foam board or cardboard, and spray paint them black. Set them up as unique Halloween yard decorations.
- Look for blackbird figurines or ornaments to hang from the branches of a low tree.
- Drape faux spider webs over hedges, and nestle creepy fake spiders into the branches.
- Make ghost out of plastic foam balls and white sheets to hang in trees or from porch posts. Tie black ribbon around the necks for color-coordinated touch.
Just because it is Halloween doesn’t mean decorating has to include orange. These ideas show black and white decorations are as spooky and festive whether used indoors or out.